Key points for today
• Anne Arundel County cases increased by 55 to 10,787.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 3.41%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 131,357, an increase of 562 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 4 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 3,854.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 12 and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients increased by 10 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 393 people hospitalized — 303 in acute care and 90 in intensive care.
• Of the 29,182 test results received Oct. 10, the positivity rate was 2.37%; the 7-day positivity rate was 2.83%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 2,892,265 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland; this number does not represent the total number of patients tested as some patients have been tested multiple times. The state reports 1,600,487 people have tested negative.
• Of the state’s 131,357 cases, 16,058 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 7,738 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases and total deaths in the county.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.