Key points for today
• Anne Arundel County cases increased by 98 to 11,151.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 3.42%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 134,329, an increase of 781 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 4 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 3,887.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 12 and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients increased by 4 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 416 people hospitalized — 305 in acute care and 111 in intensive care.
• Of the 27,647 test results received Oct. 15, the positivity rate was 3.31%; the 7-day positivity rate was 3.09%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 3,013,107 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland; this number does not represent the total number of patients tested as some patients have been tested multiple times. The state reports 1,648,128 people have tested negative.
• Of the state’s 134,329 cases, 16,288 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 7,869 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases and total deaths in the county.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.